Celebrating its 50th Anniversary in 2011, Peninsula Hills Women's Club was originally formed in 1960. PHWC is a member of the General Federation of Women's Clubs (GFWC) and the California Federation of Women's Clubs (CFWC). We are part of the Loma Prieta District.
Meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month, 5:30 p.m., at the Veterans Memorial Building, 1455 Madison Avenue, Redwood City. (Exceptions are June, July, August and December.)
Throughout the year we hold fundraising events in order to support our Local and International projects.
•Preparing and serving a Thanksgiving Dinner (since 1983) for senior citizens in the community who do not have local family or friends with whom to share the holiday.
•We have supported Fisher House through a “Game Day” event.
•We held a “High Tea” to benefit both Redwood City Education Foundation and Shelter Network.
•Purses are filled with toiletries, scents and cosmetics for distribution to women at migrant worker camps on the San Mateo County Coast.
•Support to help build a school in Benin, Africa.
•We support children at an immigrant work camp in Mexico through our donations of school supplies, toys and sports equipment.
•We collect new and gently used bras for “Free the Girls” an international 501c3 organization devoted to combating sex trafficking.
•Members knit caps for children around the world.
•We donate to the Heifer Project.
Peninsula Hills Women's Club is truly dedicated to Community Service, but we also embrace the camaraderie and friendship of our fellow members.
You are most welcome to join us!